Questions about Jeff
- Tell us a bit about you. How did you come to faith? How did you become the president of Summit ministries? What are some key points in your journey?
- Tell us about your PhD and how it connects to your work now with Summit?
- Your most recent book is title Truth Changes Everything (subtitle: How People of Faith can Transform the World in Times of Crisis). Why did you write this? What is truth and why is this important? What is the connection between truth and Jesus?
- What are some of your daily or regular habits of mind (reading, study) and body (exercise)?
Questions about Summit Ministries:
- What is the mission of Summit Ministries?
- What is the history of Summit? How did it begin?
- What are some of Summit’s main initiatives or ministries?
- What are some challenges Summit is trying to address?
- What are some future plans or developments that you are excited about with Summit?
Questions about the Eudo season 7 topic (Human Persons in a Disenchanted World):
10. This season we’ve been exploring the nature of human persons.
a. Why do you think it is important to understand the nature of human persons?
b. What are some fault lines are areas related to being human that Christians need to approach with serious Christian thought and engagement?
c. What do you find fascinating about being human? (what features of our humanity awaken wonder: rationality, emotion, relationality, creativity, freewill, etc…)A lot of our listeners have children. What advice would you give to those of us who are parents, seeking to raise kids that faithfully follow and love Jesus? What do you see as some of the greatest threats or challenges to our children’s faith? What are some areas of encouragement or strength when it comes to the faith of our youth today?
Fun (speed) Questions:
11. Favorite book(s), Favorite movies (bonus if it is about the nature of human persons), favorite hobbies and things you enjoy doing when not working, favorite part of Manitou Springs, favorite part of living in Colorado?
- How can our listeners learn more about Summit Ministries? How can they learn about Summit Summer sessions? How can they follow you and your work?